Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Using custom form for KPI override tracking

Level 5
As part of our department's KPI reporting, we measure Schedule Adherence (% of late tasks on closed projects) and Issues to Tasks Ratio (on closed projects). We will be giving our staff the ability to review their stats & details with their manager and with manager approval request an 'override' on a task or issue that is negatively impacting their KPI but shouldn't be. These override tasks or issues will be removed from their KPI calculation. I have created both a task and issue custom form that allows for tracking of the override and manager approval of same. I have tested the task custom form on tasks on closed projects and have found there is nothing preventing the addition/editing of a custom form to a completed task on a closed project. The problem lies in that the same is not true for completed issues on closed projects. Workfront throws an error denoting the status of the issue and the status of the project is closed and therefore cannot be saved after editing. I am concerned that if we alter the status of the issue and project (closed > in progress > add, edit & save form > closed) it will alter our actual dates thus affecting overall reports. Any suggestions or recommendations around this problem or how we might achieve the same ability for override tracking on issues without affecting issue/project statuses? Tracy Fox Project Manager / Workfront SysAdmin Sykes Assistance Services Corporation
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Tracy, You have some advanced thinking going on with these KPI's -- very interesting! I have a few (untested) ideas that might help: - check your life after death settings in case one does allow edits to custom data on closed projects, as you wish it would - if not, consider procedurally moving the closed issue "out" from the closed project (eg to an "always open" override project), literally removing them from the equation - if (for transparency) you must keep the overridden issue under the original project, having moved it "out", consider procedurally editing the Issue as overridden (in the custom data), then moving it back "in" to the original project - alternatively, since tasks do behave as you desire, consider converting the issues that you need to override into no-predecessor/zero duration (to avoid affecting timeline) tasks, and then override those tasks - finally, try our Excel Updater solution in case the API allows the in-place override, where the UI does not "http://store.atappstore.com/product/excel-updater/">http://store.atappstore.com/product/excel-updater/ Regards, Doug