Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Using a Request Custom Form as a Booking Form

Level 7
Hi All, Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I have been racking my brains now for a while and can't seem to come up with a better solution! One of the custom forms we have created is going to be attached to a request queue as essentially used as a booking form. The requester will be able to fill out different sections of the form depending on what they are booking and can fill out as many or as few of the sections as they like. The problem we are having is that within each section of the form we are giving them the option to book more than one option. The options are essentially the same but we will require one product per row so will need to duplicate each row. As far as I am aware you can't use the same field more than once in a form and in each section there could be up to 10 products booked so we are having to create each section 10 times. Not only that but then we have quite a few different pieces of logic applied against different columns. Is this the best way to do it as when it comes down to maintaining drop downs and everything in each section I want to be able to stay on top of it? Vicky Fitzgerald
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Vicky, At the risk of igniting a Religious Argument, I suggest your co-opt the Expense object for your booking form needs, as it: supports the natural 1:many relationship you describe can be further extended using custom data would minimize your custom data maintenance in several ways (e.g. reuse the same dropdown on each expense row, easily aggregate multiple rows in reports, etc.) We've used this technique several times to provide quoting, estimating, and invoicing solutions. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 7
Hi @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Would you mind expanding on how this would work please? I don't know if this will affect it (I think it might) but the people that would be completing this information only have requester licences and also this process would be completed before any projects are built, as the project would be built off the back of this information being received. Thanks Vicky Fitzgerald

Level 10
Ahhh....I see, Vicky. Yes, although you could test it, I doubt that the Review Licenses will have adequate rights to edit Expenses, which then excludes the technique I was suggesting from contention. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads