Expand my Community achievements bar.

User set up process is missing Projects since R1 (and WF Support's non-response)

Level 7
Several weeks ago @Polly Co and I noticed that the new users we have been setting up were not being set up with access to the Projects global area. Going backwards, it appears that this has been happening since R1 at the end of April. We had to manually add Projects for each user we set up since the end of April. The process we use is we go to People, New Person, enter the name, email, access level and group and then click Show Advanced Options to set other things like layout template, groups, roles, etc. We have now discovered that what is happening for both Reviewer and Worker access types, the Advanced user set up window is unchecking the Projects checkbox under In the Global Nav Bar show field. To be clear, we have not changed settings in access levels or layout templates that would cause this. We have not changed our process for adding users either. This is exactly how we have added users since the dawn of WF@BMO time. After three long weeks with an open support ticket, we've just been informed that "this is working as expected" and it "always worked this way". Which I'm sure I don't need to point out is utterly ridiculous and factually inaccurate. We're being told that it's the "Show Advanced Options" that is unchecking Projects and we should add the user and then edit their account (because two steps are better than one, right?) The reason for this post (other than my need to vent) is to find out whether anyone else noticed this change as well, or is this always how it has worked for you? Can you think of any setting that support may have missed that could be causing this? If I add this to the Idea Exchange (as of course Support told me was the solution to my problem), will anyone vote for it or will it get buried? Thanks! Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group
4 Replies

Level 10
I've never noticed this happening. I noticed that it only happens with the lower tier licenses. In other words, creating a Planner license person in your instance would show the project box ticked in the global nav bar field. But creating a Worker or Reviewer license person would show the project box to be unchecked. It makes sense why Workfront would think that Workers and Reviewers would have no use for the project tab, given that they cannot create projects. It's a setting that would be better off being listed as a changeable default in the sysadmin's Settings area, rather than being an automatic default that we cannot change. -skye

Level 2
Hi Barbara, I've noticed the same behavior. If you bulk edit your affected users and assign a layout template with 'In the Global Nav bar, show Projects', that should correct the issue. Also, I've noticed the default notifications for new users has also changed. Robert Reid

Level 7
Thanks Robert and @Skye Boardman for your reply! I'm relieved to announce that the behaviour has reset itself and gone back to WORKING the way it used to, no more need to follow additional steps to add Projects to our reviewer/worker profiles. I guess it was a defect after all. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 10
LOL well that sure makes us all feel better doesn't it. :) I'm sure most of us thought we were crazy. -skye