Expand my Community achievements bar.

User by Project Report

Level 6
Hello- I would like to produce a report that show which user from which team are assigned at a Project level. So say Cammie is the support engineer for the Project CC and George is the support engineer for Project XYZ as the manager I want a report that shows something like the following grid. Project Name Software Engineer Lead Project Level Custom Field 1 Project Level Custom Field 2 Project CC Cammie blah blah blah blah Project XYZ George blah blah 2 blah blah 2 The data for columns 3 &4 come from a custom form attached to the name of the Project in column 1. I know I could do this by adding another custom field on the project but that just leaves room for error because these people will be assigned tasks in the workplan. The people will all have the same job roles and teams. Can something be pulled from the staffing? Or a team view at the project level? The task level is way to much for the managers, it person will have 50 tasks per project and will be on multiple projects. Thank you for you thoughts and consideration. P.S. In talking with Dustin Martin I have tagged a few people who he thought might be able to help. @Eric Lopez @anthony Ingram @vic aejandro Mollie Shatek JLL
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mollie, You can use the below as a text-mode column on a project report. You can put it in there as multiple columns depending on how many roles you want to look for. Just replace the green text "Role Name" with whatever role you are looking for....make sure to replace it on both lines. displayname= Role Name listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS(" Role Name ",{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name}) valueformat=HTML Pretty sure this will do exactly what you want. :) Regards, David David Cornwell

Level 6
I'm just now seeing this and YES thank you, this is perfect. Thanks, Mollie Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 6
Hi, just one more question. Would it be possible to filter the report for only projects where the role is not blank? Thanks! Mollie Shatek JLL

Level 1
I have this working nicely, however the report is showing admin names. I would like to suppress those names if possible. Any ideas? Thanks Scott Freshour