Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Tying related projects and tasks together through calendar view

Level 4
Hello, I'm looking for a way to tie projects and tasks together through a calendar view format. I have a team member that has a few projects that are related and that depend on each other and she is looking for a way to sort of tie those together in a calendar view format or something similar. Is there a way to do this or could someone provide me with some advice for next steps on moving in the right direction? Thanks! Shannon Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus
4 Replies

Level 9
Hi Shannon, You should be able to use the calendar functionality in the Reporting area for this. You would add a calendar item and edit it by filtering at the task level to only pull in those that are related to specific projects you call out. You can display how the work for each of the projects overlap (duration) or see when each of the tasks are due (planned due/completion date). You may also be able to create a simple view in the projects area and leverage the built in gantt chart for this need. The calendar area also allows you to look at it by month, week or gantt. I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish it...these are the options that I'm aware of and would start with. Hope this helps get you started! Mike Michael LaBerge Strategic Ops Director In-House Creative Agency, Liberty Mutual Insurance

Level 4
This is very helpful. Thanks, Michael! Shannon Bodick Edina Realty Home Services Plus

Community Advisor
This thread has me thinking... we use cross-project predecessors a lot to tie projects/tasks together. I'm wondering if there's a way to filter the calendar to show any tasks that have a cross-project predecessor on them PLUS show that predecessor task. I'm going to have to play around with that! Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 9
Interesting! We don't use cross project predecessors so I wouldn't be able to test it out in our environment. But your post generated some conversation over here about how using them could help with managing our integrated campaigns. We typically house them all in a single project using parent tasks. Thanks! Michael LaBerge Strategic Ops Director In-House Creative Agency, Liberty Mutual Insurance