Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Two Assigned to a Task

Level 2
Here is the scenario: Our video team has a video shoot of recording a lecture for training. We send one of our students to film it. Our staff video member will spend time walking over to check on how the filming is going along the way. We want to assign them to the task as well as a reminder that there is a shoot that day and they do need to go check on the student at some point. How would you all recommend setting that up so that the hours would be allocated correctly with the hours primarily for the student and then a small amount for the staff person? Thanks!! Lauren McCollim, M.B.A, PMP Advertising Project Manager Pensacola Christian College
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Lauren, here's what I suggest if you'd like to keep it simple with a single task. Ensure you have job roles defined for "Student" and "Staff" Add those job roles to the user profiles Assign a task for the training with Duration Type=Simple Assign users, roles and hours to the task as seen here: Train users on clicking "Done With My Part" so the task remains open until both have completed their part Thanks, Narayan

Level 2
Thanks for the help!! Does that ensure that the hours will be correct, or does it increase the hours? We are having a problem with it increasing the planned hours - we just want to split them. Lauren McCollim, M.B.A, PMP Advertising Project Manager Pensacola Christian College

Level 1
anybody knows how to create a report that would pull the hours from a shared task per assigned to ? Melanie Gauthier Ellicom