Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Tranfers All User Information from One User to Another

Level 2
Hello. Hoping someone here has an answer as I can't find one with the Help section. I have a user who's leaving the agency but would like to transfer all uncompleted tasks, project ownership, approvals, and anything else to another user who's taking over their position. Is there an easy way to do this? Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC
3 Replies

Level 9
I'm mostly replying to keep tabs on this thread... That said, I made a couple of reports for this purpose. One to show incomplete tasks for that user, another for any open projects, both make use of a prompt so I can easily filter for the target user. If I already know who should get that work, I can easily adjust the assignments; if not, I contact their supervisor and include the report in an Excel sheet. Not exactly simple, but not that tough. If someone has a better solution, I'm all ears! Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 2
That's exactly what I ended up doing. Making three separate reports with a prompt so I can bulk edit. Sounds like there isn't another easy way so maybe I should put the idea up on the Idea Exchange. Malcom Benites Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 3
You could use the Swap feature on the Resource Scheduling calendar. This allows you to set parameters around the work that needs to be reassigned -- certain project status, tasks assigned as a certain job role, etc. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/218634078-Managing-User-Assignments Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com