Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Timing of Notification Emails

Level 4
Hi Hive Brain.... Is there a way to change the time email notifications of late tasks are sent out to the person assigned...? Currently we a group who are on-call so have to leave their phones on overnight, and they are getting annoyed at being woken by Workfront at 4:30am..... My solutions of, "Complete your tasks on time then!" was not well received - possibly because they were so tired.....
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hiya Phil, My understanding is that the schedule of such nightly "yer task is late" emails are automated in the back-end of Workfront, and controlled by a job beyond the Workfront SysAdmin's control. So, to avoid the early morning wake up calls, I'd suggest you consider setting up email rules to compensate, either at the individual level (e.g. move to special folder ideally without alerting me on my phone), or at the mail server level (e.g. intercept emails from noreply@workfront.com and delay them until business hours). By coincidence, I just got off the phone with an Outlook tech at one of my clients, helping explain to him how we do something similar (on the mail server) to look for certain emails from noreply@workfront.com with a particular Subject (from the issue raised...namely, "Incident", which means someone might have been hurt or killed, since Workfront is used for tracking Health Safety and Environment items), and if so, forward that email to particular people in the company (e.g. the HSE Manager and Executives), by way of escalation. Regards, Doug