Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Timesheets for Project Team

Level 10
Anyone has got idea how to create a report which I could attached to a project as a dashboard and would show me open timesheets for Project Team. Ideally i would like to be able to see if anyone from my project team is behind with putting hours and submitting timesheets. Anyone? :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD
8 Replies

Level 10
Yes. You can do this with any dashboard. Obviously create the dashboard you desire (no need to Filter by Project in your reports because that will be inherent – this will make sense later). Open your project, go to the More tab, scroll to the bottom and select Customize Tabs. Select Add Custom Tab. You'll get the dialogue box to enter your dashboard and the name you wish to call it. Enter that and click Add Tab and it'll show on your More List. You can then click and drag that to your displayed tabs at the top. In this screen shot I created Timesheet (which is a tab with the dashboard) and dragged it next to More (it moved the Risks tab under the More tab – swapped them out). Then whenever you're in any project you can click on that tab and it only reports on THAT project that you're in. So that's why you don't need (or want) the Filter in your reports. Because then you can use those same reports and dashboards for any project and it will automatically filter for you. If you want others to see this tab you can do a Layout Template to expand access to others. We do this with a Weekly Status Dashboard for our projects. Let me know if that doesn't make any sense. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
Hi Vic, I have tried that before and for some reason it pulls all timsheets from our system :/ any idea why does it work like it should? Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
Hmm. I never tried it with a Timesheet report before. But have like 7 reports in the Dashboard I use and they are isolated to the project (when I use the Dashboard as mentioned). If I use it as just a Dashboard out side of the project then it brings up everything. I'll try to take a look later today and see what happens when I try a timesheet report. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone

Level 10
All another kinds or reports works on projects or programmes. As we use them the same way - by adding custom tabs with dashboards so it pulls only information for this projects. Yeah for some reason it doesn't work with timesheets... Thanks and let me know please if you find the reason :) Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 10
Yeah I'm finding the same thing. I even tried adding the Project Name (also tried Task and Issue Name) to the report and none of them are available, which is weird. Based on that I'm assuming it's not filtering by project because it doesn't have the information to filter by the project. I wonder if it's possible to add the Project Name via cross-referencing in Text Mode. If we were able to do that I wonder if it would auto-filter by project? Anyone have any ideas if it's possible to get that Project Name field in there? Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 10
Do you mean to add Project Name column or filter via text mode? Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 4
There is a limit to how far apart objects can be to show up properly filtered. I've hit this when trying to put an expense report on portfolios or programs. Since programs/portfolios aren't available on the filter list for expenses you can tell it's not in scope of the expense object. Timesheets have hours that tie to the project, but timesheets themselves only reference the user objects. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
I was thinking the column. If we could add the Column (View) it might help the auto filter work within the Project Dashboard. Of course that's just a theory Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | Senior IT Project Manager Denver Water | t: 303-628-7262 | c: 303-319-6473 Http://www.denverwater.org Sent via mobile phone