Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Text Mode for Custom Form Field

Level 4

Hoping for some suggestions on the following please;

We have a report set up showing the Regional Split where clients are placing work from, EMEA, Americas & Asia Pacific, on the custom form selecting a region then gives the option to confirm the country, e.g. select EMEA and then you see the list of countries, e.g. UK etc.

This is all working fine however on the report we have set up the default view to be a pie chart & we want to be able to click on a slice, e.g. EMEA then see the list of countries who placed a job (project) - so far this is proving difficult. My colleague has used the following text mode but wondered if we are missing a vital part/brackets etc as it has not given us what we needed;

IF(Americas=""&&EMEA="",'Asia Pacific',

IF(Americas=""&&Asia Pacific="",'EMEA',

IF(EMEA=""&&Asia Pacific="",'Americas')))

Any advice is much appreciated!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

I have similar use cases in my instance where you select one of three choices and based on that selection it brings up different dropdowns for you. Because of the way the logic is set up, the three dropdowns are never displayed at the same time. So my calculated field is a very simple CONCAT({Americas},{EMEA},{Asia Pacific}). The answers from all three would flow together but since answers from more than one are not able to be selected it gives me two blanks and an answer every time.

Level 4
Thank you very much Skye - I will go off and try that now! Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin RRD

Level 1

Edit: I made it! Thanks.

Hi Skye,

I had already the dropdowns and logic like yours and I'm trying to do exactly the same in the report, but my Concatenate formula is not working.

Could you please help me?

My column is with the following text and keeps blank:

CONCAT=({cLatAm},{cEU},{cNAM},{cAsia})

displayname=Country

textmode=true

Thank you very much :)