Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Templates: Auto-Generating New Google Docs

Level 1
I'm trying to get each project to have its own unique set of Google docs (ex. a template for a Creative Brief or Video Script to be filled out for each project). Right now, if I add these Google docs into a template, all subsequent projects that use this template will link back to the same Google doc. Is there a way for Workfront to auto-generate copies of these Google docs every time it's applied to a new project instead of just linking back to the original? I know this can be done with Word docs, but unfortunately my team primarily works in Google docs. Sam Turner
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4
Hi Sam, You'd need to develop a custom integration to create a new set of google docs when you create a project from the template. The reason it works with Word docs is that the content lives in Workfront. When you add a Google doc you are creating a link to a doc in Google drive.\ Daniel Cooley Kenall