Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Team Report - help!

Level 10
I'm trying to create a report on a select group of teams (where team name contains 'Hacker') and the team members on each team. I can't seem to get the grouping correct in the User report object type - i can only group by Home Team ID which isn't what I need. I don't see a way to export teams (including the team member names) in Setup. Any ideas? This is what I want: Hacker: Proofreaders Sally Joe Betty Hacker: Production Barbara Michelle Greg Hacker: Studio Monica Billy Julie
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
Hi: The challenge is that the team attribute available on the User object is a list, not a set of individual values. The challenges you’ll face here are the same as the challenges in working with the PTO schedule by user. It is difficult to use that list for anything, too. Unfortunately, there is no user information available in the Team reporting object, either. I dumped the team and user information out in a Kickstart. I can think of how to get this information using Excel pivot tables ☺ I’m afraid this feels like another one of those questions than might be solved by some exceedingly clever text mode code. I think if you look at previous threads in this forum regarding PTO, you’ll see what the challenge is. I’ll wait patiently by the sidelines now to see what the Text Mode gurus can offer. Thanks! Eric

Level 3
Hi Katherine, Try using a "Team" report rather than a "User" report. You can then place a filter where name contains "Hackers". Next, add a field, switch it to text mode, and the following should show all of your member names: displayname=Members listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(teamMembers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=user:name valueformat=HTML Kathy

Level 5
Nice report, Kathy L! Kathy, By going after users first, you would be limited to the home team and wouldnt get all teams that the people may be on. Kathy Leeman's approach is spot on!

Level 5
Though, if you wanted only home team, you could group by home team name in a user report. You'll need to look beyond the user object in the grouping selector and grab the home team -> name. (or grab home team name from the "select exisitng grouping").

Level 10
Thank you so much Kathy! I didn't realize that "Team" was an object you could select when creating a report. Doh!

Level 2
This is a great report but how did you filter out inactive people?

Level 10
You look for an attribute on the user called "IS ACTIVE" If it is FALSE, then the user is deactivated. Does this help? Eric

Level 2
Hi Eric, When I add a new column to the team report and type ‘is active’, it only appears under the Owner. If I type isActive=false it’s looking at the owner of the team. What do I need to type so the report will look at only the active team members? displayname=Members isActive=false listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(teamMembers).lists textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=user:name valueformat=HTML Thanks, Sharlene Sharlene Cullen | SMO Sr. Technical Analyst Fairview Health Services 2101 Kennedy St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413 scullen1@fairview.org | www.fairview.org http://www.fairview.org Office: 612-672-5988 Connect with Fairview Health Services on social media.< ">http://www.fairview.org/About/Help/ConnectWithUs/index.htm>