Expand my Community achievements bar.

tasks still showing in timesheets once project is complete

Level 1
Hello- Does anyone know why tasks still show in timesheets once the project is complete. Is there a period of time it stays visible in timesheets so they can add work if needed? It has been longer than a month now... Jan Janice Whipple REI
4 Replies

Community Advisor
Is the project those tasks are under "pinned" to the timesheet with a blue icon to the left of the project name? Just click that to un-pin the project. I believe workfront automatically pins projects to the timesheet if time is billed to the project instead of being billed to the task. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 10
There's a few options you might want to look into on the Setup -> Timesheet -> Preferences page. Log hours on projects that are complete. Pre-Populate timesheets with work that is within x of the timesheet's work range. Pre-Populate timesheets with... Tasks & Issues that have been completed. Tasks & Issues that have Planned Dates in timesheet's date range. Tasks that have Projected Dates in timesheet's date range. Some of our users have the tendency to put their hours towards the end of the month, hence even when the project is completed, they still put in hours. And yes, pinned tasks/projects will still show long after the timesheet work range has gone past. Polly Co

Level 4
Just curious, do your Project Owners, for examples the PMs running the projects, tend to mark tasks they know are complete at 100% on behalf of the users they are assigned to? In our case, less than 10% of our Task Assignees bother to go into their tasks and click "I'm Done". As a result, the PMs (including myself) tend to mark tasks at 100% from the Tasks view in order to keep the project schedule up-to-date. We have observed multiple cases where, since the assignee didn't mark the task "I'm Done", that they linger on timesheets for an extended period. And of course, once the project is Closed they have limited ability to edit/properly mark those tasks. How long do they stay on? At least a month but I don't have any hard data to back that up. They eventually do go away but it takes much longer than you would expect. Jason Maust McGuireWoods LLP

Level 10
We do have some PMs who mark tasks a 100% for users. I can't say for sure that the tasks lingers longer than they should on the timesheets when the PM marks it 100%. I believe we've looked at a timesheet "too many tasks" issue only once in the recent months and only with 1 user so can't provide a lot of feedback. I'll keep this in mind when the issue come back again to maybe investigate in that line. Polly Co