Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Task Update

Level 1
Hey, I've been trying Workfront for a couple of days and I couldn't yet overcome which seems to me a tool limitation. As Project Owner, I have tasks from external entities (subcontractors and / or other teams without access to Workfront), therefore I would like to add an 'update status' on those tasks (without being assigned to them) in order to have those inputs presented on the project dashboard on 'Condition Update'. Is there any way of doing this without assigning myself to those tasks?
2 Replies

Level 4
Hi Diogo, Your question is not clear to me. It seems like you're asking whether you can add an update status (change condition add a comment etc) to a task to which you are not assigned. The answer is YES! You can share contribute access at the project level through Project Actions -> Sharing or you can do so through the task sharing Task Actions -> Sharing. This will share certain levels of access to your users for that specific task or project, but will not assign them. Thanks, James James Bender Jackson/JTS

Level 3
It might be helpful to find articles on support.workfront.com that talk about permissions and access to the different objects in Workfront. This is a good one for starting to understand task permissions: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216606898-Understanding-Task-Permissions Access to objects in Workfront depends on multiple things -- license type, access level settings, project permissions, individual task permissions, etc. Whenever I troubleshoot, I start with the individual item -- do I have sharing permissions to it? If not, then I fix that. If I do, then I look at the other things that might affect my access. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com