Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Task Template

Level 5
I might be crazy but I thought I had read that we were getting a new functionality to create templates for a single task. But now I'm not seeing it in the 2019.3 release info. Was I dreaming or are we getting the functionality soon? Kristy Musgrove Havertys
5 Replies

Level 4
Kristy, Workfront did add functionality that allows us to now select a default task custom form that needs to be attached to a task automatically when a new task is added to a project, which is done at the project level. Was there something else you expected from what you read? Thanks! David
DAVID A. TAYLOR VP, Workfront Managed Services

Level 2
I use a project template to hold my task templates. Then went you attach a template you can exclude the ones you don't need. Peyto Yellin CareOregon, Inc.

Level 5
In my head, I thought we were going to be able to create a task template with the correct custom form, approver, description, job assignment, ect. In my workflow we would have an active project that our partner (request/review) would enter issues that routes to the project team. The project manager would then convert the issue to a task on the project. But depending on the issue the tasks are different. Being able to just select from a list of template tasks would be awesome for my UE. Kristy Musgrove Havertys

Level 5
This is a good work around. Thanks! Kristy Musgrove Havertys

Level 10
We created a template called 'Forms for Your Project" that is a no-task template, but has all the Request Queue setup configured. So when they attach this to their projects, they can create issues on their project (with all the dropdowns of QTs etc, and routing rules - preconfigured). Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB