Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Task report containing Child Tasks

Level 1
Hi, Pretty new to Workfront but figuring out most of the advanced things from you guys here. I was wondering if the following is possible. I have a standard project structure with parent tasks and the same child tasks on each parent. I wish to display them as a matrix showing the planned dates? Currently the report is showing the parent planned date not the task planned date, is this even possible? Thanks in advance Mark Mark Smith SDL
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 8
Hi Mark, I think I figured it out: Task Report: Columns (View) = Parent ID (add :name in the text mode so it reads valuefield=parent:name), Task Name, Planned Completion Date (summarized by Maximum) Groupings: start with standard view and click on the Parent Name you created in the detail view, then switch to matrix and put the Task Name Filters: Make sure to add number of children = 0 so your parent tasks don't show up in the vertical column: Let me know if it worked for you! Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 1
Hi Adina, Got round to having a look at your reply, it works great apart from in the real world our tasks are not named, task01, task02 and so on, causing the tasks not to appear in task order in the columns. For example 3 sub tasks, Send to Freelancer, Technical QA and Delivery should be displayed in that order but appear in alphabetical. If Workfront have a way of sorting the columns into task order then I think this is something I could use. Thanks for your help, appreciate it. Mark Mark Smith SDL

Level 10
Hi Mark, There is a Task Number you could add as a primay horizontal grouping, and then group by Task name, but unless your Projects are all exactly the same structure, the results might be quite fragmented (albiet ordered correctly). Since prefixing tasks would be arduous (and create the same problem), I'd suggest you focus on a subset of Most Important Tasks and consider adding either Milestones or Custom Data to those Tasks and then group by the latter. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads