Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Task permissions

Level 3
Hi everyone! I was hoping that somebody could help me out with an issue that I am having. When I go to assign users to their tasks, they still don't have permission to access the task and I have to manually go into the task and give them permission to contribute. Does anybody know why assigning them directly won't give them contribute access automatically? I must've done something wrong. Please help. Thanks Nicole Medenilla Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
4 Replies

Level 1
Hey Nicole, I have seen this come up before due to your settings on the project. On your project got to Edit Project > Settings section for Access > "When someone is assigned to a TASK..." > Give them "Contribute" access needs to be selected. I hope this helps and solves the issue for you. Roy Rojas Cantres Workfront

Level 3
Hi Roy, Thank you for responding. I went in to check to make sure that from the project level that users that are assigned have contribute access and those all look good... For example, I have a user that is assigned to a task and it shows up on his work requests tab. When he goes to press the Work on it button, it says that he doesn't have sufficient privileges. Like I said, the project itself has give contribute access to those assigned to a task, so still not sure where the disconnect is. Any thoughts? Nicole Medenilla Intuitive Surgical, Inc.

Level 10
What I’ve done is create a team for everyone that is assigned tasks and then share the project with the team giving them contribute access. That seems to work for me to override the other limitations.

Level 10
What is that user's plan level? Some plan levels CAN NOT edit tasks but only view - this is the FREE plan level. Benetta Perry APS