Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Task name with Custom Data

Level 4
Is there a way to have a task name include project information (such as the Company name, project name, etc.) auto populate for each task ion the project? I know this is a feature in ProWorkflow but was wondering if it's an option in Workfront. Mike Haleas DMD Marketing Corp.
5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mike, Unfortunately not in native Workfront. Unless you use the API or app like you mentioned. But the project name does show in a breadcrumb above the name of the Task when you have it open, if that helps.

Level 10
it's not autopopulation but what do you think about that new feature to automatically attach a custom form to each newly created task? If you had a task custom with this information and attached it to each template task and set up the template/project to attach it to additional tasks, would this work? -skye

Level 4
I was not aware of the feature to automatically attach a custom form to a newly created task. I thought each form had to be added manually. How could I set up that automation? Mike Haleas DMD Marketing Corp.

Level 7
To jump in, Mike, check out this page on Workfront Help: >Attach Default Custom Forms and Approval Processes To Tasks . There is a quick demo video as well. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 4
This is wonderful information! Thank you @Terry Hynd Mike Haleas DMD Marketing Corp.