Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Tagging in updates

Level 2
My department is experiencing missed updates on projects. Granted sometimes clients forget to tag people in updates, but sometimes when hitting "Reply" to an update, the tags are lost and not always caught. So now updates might be in libbo for a while before they are noticed. Is there any way to have the "Notify" area be mandatory? Or at least highlighted before the client clicks on "Reply"? Jennifer Cournoyer Brown University, Advancement
5 Replies

Level 2
Our experience is that you have to add all parties to the reply in order for them to get a notification of the update. Is that what you are experiencing - people don't add the parties so no notification goes to their email? We just keep reminding people to add everyone who they want to see the reply. If there is a better way to do this (such as you suggest) I'd love to hear about it. Sue Johnson RBC Wealth Management

Level 2
We did have problems with clients not tagging at all, but lately, the person who originally posted the update won't receive the reply. So the problems are more on the replies since it seems the tags are lost. Jennifer Cournoyer Senior Communication Designer/Manager Brown University, Advancement Providence, RI

Level 10
We've had that problem recently where people aren't getting notification replies from within the Proof and missing important information. It's not consistent and there's no clue as to how where when why it happens. I find that the transparency of who is getting a reply is completely unclear in both Updates and Proof, and the interface not intuitive to easily see who will get your message. I consider this a very big problem with the interface and have had so many confused users who can't figure out what is going on.

Community Advisor
I wonder if it has something to do with the notification: "Someone comments on a thread I'm in" - does the person who originally commented have that notification turned off? There's a separate notification for "Someone includes me in a directed update" which I assume is when someone tags that person, even in a reply

Level 2
Our users typically have "Someone includes me in a directed update" checked, that is our default setting. "Someone comments on a thread I'm in" - I'll test adding this one as checked. Right now at least for me it is not checked. thanks! Sue Johnson RBC Wealth Management