Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Summarizing Collections in a Calculated Field on a Parent

Level 5
I can create complex on Project dashboards that can summarize the issues, tasks, hours, etc that are contained on that project. I've even made columns in calculated views that can generate a character for each element of a collection. I have not figured out how to directly calculate sums from a collection contained on that object. This calculated field can then go to compare project level statistics and drive overall project management goals. For example: I want to see which completed projects have zero hours entered by a designer. Strategy 1: Do the inverse and find all projects that have >0 hours entered by a designer with an hour report grouped by projects. Use another program to compare this list and a list of all projects and get an answer. This is the current workaround. - Manual Strategy 2: Write a program to use an API call to report on the hours for each project in the designer category and create a project field called Designer Hours that is filled in with the results of this program. - Automatic w/ Maintenance and scheduled runs Strategy 3: Magical way to calculate this field within Workfront - Reusable and Maintainable Next step: Generate more complex statistics based on rates, job roles, task types, etc that can all be reported on in the automatic dashboards. So can anyone send some magic my way on this calculation? Thanks Melinda
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Melinda, Our UberCalc can do that; and if your question is for Dan and Adina, even better, since they've already licensed it. Perhaps we can take this one offline and decide how best to proceed. Regards, Doug