Expand my Community achievements bar.

Subtasks - That don't change the parent Task

Level 3
Has anyone been able to find a solve for creating subtasks that you can check off and it not all run up into one parent task. This is a feature of Trello that our teams find to be helpful and have made them resistant to accepting Workfront. If you have any suggestions that would be great or integrations that would work. Thank you! Emily Byrne The Starr Conspiracy - TSC
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Emily, Just to clarify, when you say " and it not all run up into one parent task" what do you mean by "run up". Do you not want the Parent Task to update the % Complete? Do you not want it to close when all subtasks are closed? Or something else I'm not thinking of?

Level 5
I'm guessing you're using Agile and having trouble moving cards across the board at will? Or just not wanting the subtasks to affect the parent task status. Either way, it's the same fix. On your project settings for each project, you need to have your summary mode and summary completion mode set to manual. This will allow your cards to truly be drag and drop and not inherit status from their subtasks. Melissa Davis Lockton Affinity