Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Spreadsheets vs. Workfront

Level 9
There are a bunch of users who are still moving through the "Adoption" phase with Workfront. If you had to convince your PMs, your dev team, or your executives to move away from things like MS Project or Spreadsheets, what would you say? What fears might they have, and how would you address them? Let's help make the lives of some of our new community members a little easier by helping them out with some adoption ideas. -Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:
3 Replies

Level 10
Question re spreadsheets: "How much do you hate working on a single spreadsheet with a large bunch of users and ending up with different versions everywhere?" Question re MS Project: "How much would you like having progress updates happening in your project plans from end users without you needing to do anything?" Question re reporting in general: "How much would you like to be able to centrally report on all projects in real time?"

Level 10
Hi Nate, We currently offer two Workfront Packages to monitor and improve adoption: UserWatch and Executive Dashboards . Under each, click Related Files for sample screenshots. Regards, Doug

Level 10
We hear this every time we deploy to a new business unit. When this comes up, I always mention that while it might seem easier to just update a spreadsheet, you then have to go and email everyone on the time, update status documents for clients, and then update resourcing spreadsheet for resource manager. And maybe you have to have a meeting to explain everything to everyone. But if you make the change in Workfront, people already get notified of changes, reports are automatically updated, and resource grids/capacity planning tables are updated. And no meeting! The big thing is to talk about how the information is being used from the projects in Workfront so that they see it isn't about creating more work for them as a PM but helping the agency as a whole operate.