Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Sorting combined fields

Level 6
Hi I have a report that combines two custom form fields in one column. We would like to be able to sort that column with the highest score on top but I don't know how to accomplish that. Here's the code for the report, thanks! column.11.displayname=Score column.11.linkedname=direct column.11.namekey=Weight column.11.querysort=DE:Weight column.11.sharecol=true column.11.sortOrder=2 column.11.sortType=desc column.11.textmode=true column.11.valuefield=Weight column.11.valueformat=customNumberAsString column.12.displayname= column.12.linkedname=direct column.12.namekey=Weight - Manually Entered from Idea column.12.querysort=DE:Weight - Manually Entered from Idea column.12.textmode=true column.12.valuefield=Weight - Manually Entered from Idea column.12.valueformat=customNumberAsString
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Laura. On the run, but could you create a CONCAT calcuated field (e.g. multiply the first more important variable and then add the second), then order by that single field? Or, simpler, keep them separate and use the asc or desc command, as needed? Regards, Doug

Level 6
We have now added a new column using the following test mode but any querysort doesn't work. Is it possible to sort this new column? valueformat=doubleAsInt textmode=true valueexpression=IF({DE:projects:Weight}>0,{DE:projects:Weight},{DE:projects:Weight - Manually Entered from Idea}) displayname=Test Field Thanks :)

Level 10
Hi Laura, Your valueexpression formula is rendered "on the fly", so technically, you could add sortOrder=1 sortType=desc to the column (vs querysort, which I think of as What To Sort By When A Column Header Is Clicked). However, depending on Workfront's order of operations in rendering the grid, it might ignore the sort (eg sort first by nothing and then calculate the cell contents on the fly). If so (returning to my previos suggestion), by instead moving the formula into a calculated parameter on a custom form, the calculation is "known", and when rendered in a grid (e.g. using valuefield vs valueexpression), the sort will then take effect. Regards, Doug

Level 3
Found this post from a couple years ago and can't get this to work. I am trying to combine planned completion dates on an assignment report to pull in task and issue assignments into one list and sort by the planned start date or the planned completion date. So I don't think in this case a calc field on a custom form is possible since it's an assignment report. Anything new available to help sort combined columns. MTCF Matt Fuller