Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Social Media Calendar

Level 1
Hello, I was wondering if anyone's using WF to manage a social media calendar. My suggestion to the social media dept was to create a project (August social posts), each task would be a different post (Aug. 1 nutrition, Aug 5 exercise). Then I would connect them to a calendar that so the task would feed into the calendar. That way they could have a monthly view of all the posts. Does anyone else have a different/better suggestion? I appreciate any feedback! Thanks April Dlugokeski CareFirst, Inc.
2 Replies

Level 8
Hi April, We have a Social Media set up the exact way you are describing. We have one Social Media Calendar project, and each task has a custom form attached that contains a field called Social Media Category where they can select where the announcement is going (we have other fields as well that are used in reporting). In turn, we use those categories as the groupings on the calendar: On the project, I created a custom view that has all the fields they need to fill in to make it easy for entry: One thing to note is the Start Date = Actual Start Date and the End Date = Actual Completion Date. I do this so the date doesn't accidentally shift around. I gave a webinar on this topic earlier this year too, link is at the bottom of this post:

Level 1
Thank you both for this info - super helpful. We're brand new to WF, and are currently going through implementation. We do a lot of Social Media content creation, and this is one of the areas where I've been struggling to understand how to capture and execute in and around WF. Initially, we were using Google Drive, Slides, Sheets, etc to manage this work, but it was super clunky. Then we starting using Spredfast to schedule our content and handle community management - which has worked well. But the content creation stages are still running pretty inefficiently. This seems like it could be a good solution. I'd be interested to hear additional information regarding the workflow of the creative if you care to share? Thanks in advance! Chris Chris Wilson Bass Pro Shops