Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

So, what do you do?

Level 5
If someone approached you at a cocktail party and wanted to know what you do for work, what would you tell them? I'll start. This question has been difficult for me, especially when speaking with people that aren't in marketing or customer experience. I tell people that I run an online community and a User Group program for a SAS company called Workfront and I often get blank stares in return. "So... What does that mean?" (Anyone else relate? haha) Well, I help make sure that our customers have a good experience. I help our customers connect with each other and feel supported. I help plan and create content for the community to keep customers engaged and I work with customers to plan events in cities all over. I get to interact with customers and build the relationship between Workfront and our customers. I also use the Workfront product itself to help me manage all of the projects that I work on and plan the User Group events. What do you tell family members and friends that ask this question? Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager
11 Replies

Level 10
Here is my "elevator pitch" I work in the Strategic Operations group of a global advertising agency. But instead of working on commercials and other ads, I work with the various agencies, client teams, and departments around the global network to make them more operational efficient. The idea is to make their lives easier so they can focus more on the fun parts of their job instead of the administrative tasks and meetings that tend to be needed for project and resource management. [And this normally leads to "Oh, we could use you at our company" and then I can ask what they do, issues they notice, etc. and we can build a connection. Every company has inefficiencies that people want to complain about. ;) ] Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Hi! I'm Doug Den Hoed, CEO of AtAppStore Inc. AtAppStore is one of Workfront's longest standing Partners, and yes: those are the two four leaf covers I found minutes apart, proving that I'm the luckiest guy I know (at least to the kids on the hike with me, who then also endured the "persistence" sermon, too). I sincerely enjoy sharing my knowledge of Workfront in this community, giving preference to out of the box solutions where they exist, but also inviting folks to consider those we've created at www.atappstore.com On that note, I invite you to view our "https://youtu.be/u-W2VEaPFrc">What's Up , "https://youtu.be/xWJLT54VGVQ">What's Next , and "https://youtu.be/DJfbqxT5UDY">What Was videos, and would love to hear your impressions of our new format and the content. Buckle up, and thanks! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 9
14 years and I still have a hard time explaining what I do, further complicated by additional roles I've taken on over that period that don't fall into my "real" job role. I typically say I do internal project management, but even that isn't entirely accurate. I'll usually sum up by saying that due to my various roles I'm just in the "get stuff done" department. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 10
I think the most apt way to describe what I do is I work as a solutions analyst. When somebody has an issue or a process that they would like to improve or find a software/application that would work to fix the issue, I go look at what our options are, narrow these down to what's the best approach to the issue, show the pros and cons of each system/process and then work as a team to select the final solution. After the solution is selected, we become implementors and subject matter experts in the process. Rinse and repeat. Polly Co

Level 7
This one is a hard one, as we don't have a higher tier of support at Workfront.. I typically say I'm the primary support rep for strategic clients. I handle everything start to finish in regards to anything support related, including out of the box ways of helping customers solve difficult issues. Some of my customers include Google, several major banks, and healthcare companies, so I get a good bit of everything in my role. It's fun when you get to say that Google comes to you for support. Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
I like Polly's answer.... my own family doesn't even understand what I do. No matter how I try to explain it. :) If you ask my kids they'll reply, "mom works on Workfront" and then they proceed to make some crazy, fast, typing gestures. LOL! Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 4
One Liner: I help big companies work smarter, not harder by enabling Digital Transformation. ABOUT CAPABILITY SOURCE CapabilitySource provides custom digital enterprise solutions to transform business operations across areas such as Central Marketing, Local Marketing, Work Management, Process Management, Compliance, Operations and Data Management; mainly in large financial services, insurance, healthcare, retail and entertainment institutions. We partner with executives and directors to provide an enterprise-wide approach to assessing and improving digital business capabilities that remove barriers, simplify complex organizational processes and enable digital transformation. We assess and capture the current state of business operations across four areas: People, Process, Technology & Information. We design and implement customized transformation roadmaps that leverage existing resources and meet the unique improvement needs within an organization. This includes training users on the solution - not just the technology. CapabilitySource simplifies and modernizes the way business teams work and do business so they can focus on creation and completion of cutting edge projects, cases, communications, sales and service experiences. CapabilitySource process improvements have helped clients realize significant digital transformation success with a variety of new and existing tools. Client accomplishments include: 1. $1.2 MM reduction in recurring annual costs 2. $1.7B in net new assets in one year 3. $6MM in new revenue in one year 4. 2,400 new to firm conversions and 7,200 deepening conversions in one year 5. 18% year over year increase in prospect volume 6. 25K new prospect leads and 36K new client leads in four months 7. 20K new accounts in one year CapabilitySource is an enterprise grade strategic partner that can implement digital transformation solutions with a special mix of Business Architecture, Change Management, Process Engineering, Implementation skills and Custom Automation/Integration expertise. For more information on CapabilitySource, go to www.capabilitysource.com or contact solutions@capabilitysource.com -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 2
This one has always been amusing for me, especially since I've worked in different roles for Video Game and major Entertainment companies. People always say, "Oh! So you make games?!" Well, yes and no! "Oh, you make apps and TV shows?!" Yes and no! Now I work in Production Music for Entertainment, and no, I don't make music! In a nutshell, I tell people, "My job is to make other people's jobs easier - I'm a Project Manager, Fixer, and Jill of All Trades." Alexis McMullen APM MUSIC

Level 10
I have no idea how to describe it so I say I work in an office ��

Level 4
In a nutshell, I tell people, "My job is to make other people's jobs easier - I'm a Project Manager, Fixer, and Jill of All Trades." No joke - Jill-of-all-Trades is IN my resume. :) Looks like I'm finally in the right role! I am a designer who due to realignment became a traffic coordinator/producer/content gatherer/ workfront ux person/emergency designer/whatever-is-needed-at-the-moment. I'm not as strong in workfront as i'd like to be, but I'm working on that. :) Jill Blum Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 3
Well.... my official title is Sr. Director of Creative Services and Publications. If you think the title is long, then list of what falls under my umbrella is seemingly never ending. My department is part of our in-house agency that creates graphics to support all aspect of the team's operations - Ticket Sales, Branding, Partnership Sales, Community Outreach, Website, Social Media, Contests and Promotions, Youth Hockey, Game Entertainment and Fan Development. What we call "other duties as assigned" mean I'm also a Workfront System Administrator and the manager of our digital photo archive. If I want to give people a short description of my job I tell them I'm like an air traffic controller for graphics. And no, we don't have summers off. :D Barb Pilarski Pittsburgh Penguins