Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Show only first 3 results of a report

Level 10
Is there a way to limit the number of results in a report? In this case, the first 3.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Marc. There's no equivalent of an SQL TOP function, but in similar cases, I will sometimes restrict the filter on the report to three "known" results, by way of illustration. If that's inappropriate, I often add (and default to) a chart on the report instead -- less real estate, predictable height, tells the story, and drilldownable (noting, I've just confirmed, that the latter is not an acceptable word in Scrabble). Regards, Doug

Level 10
Doug, Thanks for the idea but I'm not limiting for real estate reasons. I'm making a dashboard for an overview on our projects. One of the requested components is something showing the next 3 projects ready to start as in-flight projects complete. I'm doing this by creating a report that pulls projects with an Approved Status, and sorting them based on their Portfolio Priority. There is an ability to limit Dashboard results to 15 but that's far too many results. The request was to see the next 3 that are up. Limiting the results just seemed like the easiest approach. Otherwise, I was thinking of a filter to get a count of all projects in Execution on the Portfolio. Then only show projects that are equal to Portfolio Priority , , . Getting that count is outside of my ability, though.