Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sharing a Linked File

Level 2
Our objective is to be able to share that link to a print vendor. Currently save our final files to a dropbox. Then we need to be able to share those native files with a vendor (that are too big for email). We think there are 2 options 1. Link the Final File Folder - this helps us catch version issues but not sharing the link. 2. Upload the dropbox link as a proof. Problem: 1. Cannot get link of the folder 2. Sometimes when the vendor clicks the dropbox link they are driven to log into workfront rather than the dropbox. Messy title. Please help with either a fix the options above or an alternative solution. Thank you! Sierra Stayberg TrueBlue
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Sierra, Since Dropbox authentication sounds a bit inconsistent, and I'm not sure if a Workfront Folder can be shared as a link as such, I wondered if you might be able to leverage this post on "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a9a691a8-e88d-44a0-b12c-98af36a403b3&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bma9a691a8-e88d-44a0-b12c-98af36a403b3#bm0">How to use Workfront as a Public Document Repository to create a self-maintaining report of documents (including only the latest version of each document, if that is your goal) for each of your clients, filtering the report to only those documents a particular client should see. That way, you could send one simple URL for the public report to each client (and/or simplify it even further using something like tinyurl.com), and they could use it to see everything you've exposed for their review by simply clicking its link, no login required. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore