Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Setting up Automated Proof Workflow at the onset of a Project

Level 1

I want to set up Automated Proof Workflows at the onset of a Project so that all my designers need to do is upload the proof and click "generate".

The only workaround that I came up with is for me to upload an FPO proof and set the workflow related to that particular project and then set Activate Stage for Stage 1 to Manually.

The problem is that my designers still have to do an extra step when the actual proof is ready and they need to change Activate Stage from Manually to On Proof creation and then generate the proof. Because this initial stage is not consistent with the process for uploading additional versions, it causes many of our proofs never to be kicked off because they are forgetting that step.

Does anyone have ideas on how to rework the process so that step can be omitted? I don't want them selecting workflows themselves and assigning since we have several different ones set up and they may select the wrong one.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

It's not a great workaround, but could you leave Stage 1 set to Manually activate so that EVERY time they upload a new version they activate that first stage after the upload? It's an extra step but it's a consistent extra step instead of sometimes we do this and sometimes we don't - and there will be a learning curve with always needing to do something new :(