Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Setting an hour type at the task level

Level 1
Hi, I am a new system administrator for Workfront. I have been asked if there is a way to set a default hour type at the task level. I have found where you can disable being able to scroll through hour types at the project level, and change the hour type on a timesheet. Is there a way to set a specific hour type for an individual task? Details: We have both Capital and Operating projects. The Capital projects have certain tasks that are charged to the operating budget. I want to set those task that are operating expense at the task level in the project rather than asking the users to remember to change the time entry on a timesheet. Thanks for your help! Lorrainna Sherman Clearwater Paper
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Lorainna, I don't believe this is possible to set at the task level, though I've had users telling me they want to be able to do this. What we have done instead is set a custom field at the task level (we called it 'Charge Type') which defines whether it is internal, for a customer or a couple of other categories. That way we can categorise all the planned and actual hours etc by this code. The Hour Type just remains as Task Time. Regards, David David Cornwell