Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

See all work assigned to a person

Level 1
How does the management team see ALL work assigned to their staff? Using the People tab and navigating the team has shown to not display all tasks, issues and ad-hoc tasks. I have tried writing a report and tasks, issues and ad-hoc items are still missing. My team needs to have a view not just from project levels, but also from the team or person to see everything on an individuals list. For example, people from different project teams are assigning tasks to individuals and right now it is a black hole for management - it does not show in their workign on, it does not show in reports, only showing on the individuals My Work page. Thank you.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
Hi: Try a report using the ASSIGNMENT object. That shows everything a person is assigned to. If you’ve tried that, let’s chat more about what you need that isn’t found in the Assignment reporting object. Thanks, Eric

Level 1
Thank you, that is starting to get closer. There is still a project that i do not have permission to see that a person on my team received a task on... that task does not show in my reporting, it needs to regardless of permissions on the project otherwise i really do not have a good view of what my team is committed to.

Level 10
Hi: Visibility can be an issue. You have choices: 1) You can get VIEW permission to the projects your team is working on. Ask the PMs to add your team definition to the project with View permissions (in the Sharing menu for the project); 2) You can have a System Admin set up the report to run with the permission of the SysAdmin, that way, you’ll see everything; We have a policy whereby everyone can view everything. Everyone is assigned to the same company, and that company has VIEW permission on every project. That solves the problem neatly for us. Does this help at all? Eric