Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Sandbox Issue

Level 3
Hi All I have been testing some new reporting in our Sandbox environment. Initially I thought I was doing something wrong whilst trying to set up permissions for some new projects, so I decided to create a project as we normally do. The project has been created and assigned to a group, and our other users would normally be able to see this new project (as they are also a member of the group). When I select "Log In As" and pick one of the users, they have no visibility of the project I have just created? Does the Sandbox take time to be able to see these changes as another user? If I get one of our other Admins to log in they have visibility? Just wondering if anyone has come across this? I have yet to try this in our other Sandbox environment to see if it is specific to our recently refreshed Sandbox. Thanks Jonathan Thain BT Group
4 Replies

Level 5
Hi Jonathan, I've come across this a number of times. As an admin, my reports are not inherently shared with the masses, so I have to remember to check that the person I'm Logged in As has access to the report. Have you checked this? Brian Brian C. Mauger Bloomberg L.P.

Level 10
the sandboxes don't "take time" to be able to see the changes as another user. I'd check your project sharing options, plus be sure and post the exact errors you're getting, and how you are getting them. -skye

Level 7
Yep yep, there shouldn't be any noticeable delay once an object is created in the sandbox or preview environments. However, as we do not use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to improve overall performance for the non-production environments, overall performance will be a bit slower than production. @Jonathan Thain Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
Hi Thanks for all the responses. There was a combination of factors here that contributed to the confusion. We have strict access control in place, however a slight change had been made in the live environment just after the Sandbox was refreshed. Happily I have got to the bottom of the issue now, so thanks again for all your comments Jonathan Thain BT Group