Expand my Community achievements bar.

Samples of Milestone/ Project Process Reports?

Level 2
Hi everyone, I am working on creating some reports on project milestones and their status and since there are a lot of advanced reporting options that are possible, I was wondering how some of you may have created milestone/project reports. I haven't created mine yet, but will post when I get around to it. I plan on creating a task report that includes: all the milestone tasks task due date task assignee task status color coded (green,yellow, red) for easier quick reviews a calculation of how man days until it's due/how many days it is late grouped by project (only current projects will be filtered) Does anyone have samples of how they report on project and milestone statuses that you're willing to share?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 4
I'm also intersted in seeing this type of report - specifically to utilize the Milestone Paths (Names and Task Planned Completion Dates). Seeing this in a "project status" report - projects for rows, milestones for columns and dates for valutes - will be essential to replace the current, sometimes beloved, Google Sheets.

Level 2
Hello, I would be very interested to find out if you have had any success with your request for this type of report? We would like to show project status by milestones. The challenge we also have is that the standard report is too big for the dashboard. Looking for feedback and recommendations.

Level 2
Hi Donna and Jaimeson I haven't had any success with this yet. I believe there may be a way to create an advanced report with some of these details if you can code out some of the columns but I haven't committed the time to figuring it out. My hope was someone here already had something they'd developed similar to this so it would be adopted and easily tweaked for each organizations needs (whoever would want to use it as a reference) This may be the clue for me to start working on it :)

Level 4
We have many internal teams that are yearning for this - so we may start working with our WF Customer Success Manager to create something. More to come!

Level 10
Hi Victoria, Donna and Jaimeson. In addition to the Workfront based examples you might locate (or invent) in pursuit of this requirement, I've attached a screenshot of the "Editorial Calendar" we've recently developed, which is a special form of our UberCalc solution, under the hood. I'd be interested in your impression, how well you think it might fit your needs, and if not, what would need to be changed for it to do so. Regards, Doug

Level 4
Has anyone found any reports yet? I've been playing around with some things, however haven't gotten anything successful or useful! But really want this feed to have some reports :)

Level 2
Hi all! I still haven't seen anything but as I was doing my sweep of unread threads so I could stay up to day, I came across this thread in the global discussion: "https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/thread=1335&post=6328&posted=1#p6328">https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/thread=1335&post=6328&posted=1#p6328 This is actually a similar request as the one I had in mind but I wanted to keep my request open to hear other possible ways PMs may report on milestones. Hopefully this is helpful to you all as well and I will definitely be giving Doug and Melinda's suggestions a try.