Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Routing Rules

Level 5
Is there a way to tie routing rules to specific responses in a custom form or just the whole request? i.e. if someone chooses the "Press Release" option in a dropdown, can we send a notification to the PR person? Or, can you only apply routing rules to the whole request?
3 Replies

Level 7
I don't think you can do it based on specific responses within the custom form. You can create different routing rules for different Queue topics, so if you attach a custom form to a particular queue topic, you could route it differently.

Level 5
So, I'm wondering then, how do you create different rules? And how does that work exactly? Because when I created a rule it didn't seemed tied to anything specifically....

Level 7
If you go to the Queue Setup tab, if you have routing rules set up, you will see under the Queue Details an option to assign a default Route. When you create a Queue Topic, you also have an opportunity to assign a default Route to that queue topic.