Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reviewer Training Deck?

Level 10
Hi We are getting ready to send out the first proofs for review to people who are not licensed users and are all over the world. While I think it's very intuitive as to how to make comments and submit a decision, my users aren't so convinced. I found a video on youtube that is a pretty good training 3-minute training, but it is from 2012 and so it's a bit out of date. I'm wondering if anybody has a training document they are willing to share that I can distribute to unlicensed reviewers? Thanks! Jill Ackerman Jill Ackerman
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Have you reviewed the Workfront training? It seems to me that this (attached link) would fit your bill. I haven't seen it for six months, but from memory, this is the one I usually tell my trainers to use, and then follow up with them on our specific company practices and etc.

Level 10
By the way, my own training document is from 2015 so I'm not sure it's still good to use, especially since we're gradually being moved to the new HTML viewer, but I'm happy to share it if you think it would be a good model to follow. It's a very barebones thing that focusses on the things we want our reviewers to look at. We're pretty text heavy, for example, so we specifically linger over the text editing tools. And we didn't like how tagging within the system works (or doesn't work) so there's no mention of that. -skye

Level 10
I did see it and I'm going to add the link to my training document, thanks for reminding me. However, I'm wondering if anybody can access the Training Site without setting them up with a login. I can't tell if this is on Ascent or not – also confusing to me, I'm never sure where I'm logged in! I've had so much trouble getting the passwords to work on Ascent – and then serious confusion about why it has a different password – meaning many emails and phone calls from users who can't login because they are confused, plus the time spent have to register users via filling out a spreadsheet and emailing it to customer service. It's all very daunting and time consuming! (Sorry for complaining, the training materials haven't been a high point) Jill Ackerman | Director, Direct Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 10
yes, unfortunately the system is working as designed. You have control over the passwords for your Workfront "instance" and the education site is under Workfront's control so they have control over those passwords. It's very helpful to your users if you train them that everything starting with a different URL **might** have a different password and login combination. The reviewer training they provide is NOT part of Ascent, and will be available without Ascent login and remember, you could ALWAYS do a group training session so that everyone can see something provided to you for your Ascent training. And don't worry, we've all been there, and we know that there's a steep learning curve to managing a Workfront launch. You are not expressing any frustration that we haven't heard before. :) -skye