Expand my Community achievements bar.

Review license users do not get Document directed updates in My Updates page?

Level 10
News to me: I submitted a ticket a couple of months ago, and now Support is trying to tell me that directed updates in a Document Updates tab, to users who have Review licenses, will NOT show up in the user's My Updates page. All they get is the email and that's that. System working as designed. Any thoughts? In my world, Review license users usually review documents. If they were going to get updates, most of the updates would pertain to a specific document, and it makes sense to me to train users to put the updates at the Document level. But not if there's no way for a Reviewer to track updates, other than through email. -skye
2 Replies

Level 4
Hi Skye, This behavior is a little annoying. I posted a related issue on the idea exchange. "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001890708-Document-Updates">Document updates don't roll up to the parent task / project. Feel free to up vote. Daniel Daniel Cooley Kenall

Level 10
thanks for the response, Daniel! The thing I am having a problem wrapping my head around, is the proofing comments . I'm not sure if you have Workfront with integrated Proof or not--my users do. What this means is that every single comment they make with Proof shows up as a "Document update". It's not unusual for us to have upwards of 150 comments in a Proof. This shows up as 150 comments in a Document. I'm actually pretty glad that these comments don't roll up to an issue, task, or project! I just think that would muddy the waters to have that many comments showing up. I'm going to note that in your idea in the exchange because my hope is that there's some compromise in there (so that you get what you need and I don't get what I don't want :). thanks again! -skye