Expand my Community achievements bar.

Resource Reporting Question

Level 3
Looking for assistance in creating a user utilization pie chart. Would like to have a report that is prompted based by report to manager (this is easy). the pie chart would display the % of logged time vs the potential available for the time period. Ie. 3 team members log (40hrs, 40hrs, 30hrs) the pie chart would show 92%. 40 *8 = 120 potential hours vs the 110 that was logged. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Marc Mattaroccia Renown Health
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Marc, We do a lot of resource reporting, but the more complex stuff (including Utilisation/Productivity reporting) outside of Workfront. I would love to be able to create a report like the one you suggested in Workfront but it's not possible. The crux of it is that you can't easily report on Available hours currently.......there's lots of demand out there for this, so come on Workfront! What I currently do is use the "Legacy Resource Planner" to get the available hours for a time period (usually a month) and then copy/paste the values from the browser into Excel (you can't even export them). I then combine this in a reporting tool with other data from Assignment and Hours reports to get my figures. The Legacy Resource Planner is being retired, but the new Resource Planner is meant to have similar functionality. If you have access to your Preview sandbox you can test it out. You just have to group by user. The nice thing is that you can export to Excel too, though it would be better if you could suppress the level of detail so that you only get 1 row per user. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 3
David, Thank you for the suggestion, I will give that a try and hopefully we will be able to report on available hours in the near future. Marc Mattaroccia Renown Health

Level 7
David and Marc, Not an answer to Marc's original question, but we are making resource management soooo much better and easier to use. We're just in that not so great transition period where we're phasing the old stuff out (hopefully by 2018.2 in the summer of next year) and still working on introducing awesome new functionality. Some of the stuff is coming with the next release (2017.3) and more neat things will appear with 2018.1. I'd keep an eye on the Product Announcements that we send out via the Announcement Center as well as the support page at the bottom. Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront