Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Requester as Owner?

Former Community Member
Hi all. Quick poll question... If you have some Requester level users, do you set them as Project Owner (for their projects)? Or is that only for your team members with a Work or Plan license? Thanks. William Dodson MaineHealth
4 Replies

Level 8
We have our plan license users as the project owner, and the requester we set as the sponsor since they are the ones paying for the work, but not doing the work. Adina

Level 10
I have tried to set Requesters as owners and it caused a lot of problems because their view is so limited and they can't really do anything in the project other than look at it. Also then they need a whole other set of training that they really don't need. If they are going to own projects, I think they need a license. As a result, I set them as subscribers to the project (which honestly I'm not entirely sure what that does maybe someone can explain that better) and our process is that a licensed user (usually a marketing or production manager in our caes) needs to own the project and liaise with the requestor. Jill Ackerman | Director, Product Marketing Lindblad Expeditions 96 Morton Street | New York, NY 10014 Ph. 212.261.9080 | Fax. 212.265-3770 jilla@expeditions.com | "http://www.expeditions.com/"> www.expeditions.com

Level 3
I worked with a customer who started by having their Requesters be the project owner, but because of the limitations of the Request license, they moved the requester into the project sponsor field. Part of this was due to the notifications that are sent to the project owner -- those really needed to go to their in-house project manager, not the person who made the request. And there were some reporting needs that didn't work when the requester was in the project owner field. Jill: The Subscribe feature means whoever is subscribed to the item (project, task, or issue) gets a notification when a comment is posted on that item. The notification is for comments only, not things like due date changes, status changes, etc. More info here: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000097553-Subscribing-to-Items-in-Workfront Allison Lippert Workfront Training Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com

Community Advisor
We currently make the requestor the Sponsor and whoever is responsible in WF to get the project done, is the owner. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.