Expand my Community achievements bar.

Request Queue

Level 3
I have built a Request Queue and I need it to be used by various people throughout the company. We do not have single sign on. We don't know who will be making a requests. They would find us on our company SharePoint site. My original thought was to use a requester license and attached the link to our SharePoint Site with a dummy name/email. I would have to give the requesters the sign-in and password information. However, would there be a way to bypass that sign-on so it to opens to the form? Thank you, Becky Grosh Humana
6 Replies

Level 2
Becky, As far as I know, your idea of creating a requester account with a dummy email and sharing the general user name password for that account would be a good option. You could have a form and field within the form where the submitter could write their name as they make the request. You would have to follow up with that user outside of the system though unless you create accounts for users as make the general submission. I'm pretty sure there is not a way to have someone submit a request without signing in even if you just provide the URL to the request page, the login page with pop up. Elan Nardi

Level 1
Becky, If you have people who can leverage Workfront's API's, this is a great use case. Using the generic account, you can authenticate to WF and submit issues, tasks, etc. wherever you need based on form data from the originating webpage. The requester never has to interact with WF at all. Michael Mann Cleveland Clinic OH

Level 10
Hi Becky, Further to Michael's point, I invite you to try these "https://www.atappstore.com/Demos.aspx">working demos . They illustrate how the API can be leveraged to gather helpdesk requests without prompting for a login (in this case, using our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/custom-submit/">OCD solution). I suspect other Workfront customers and partners could share similar stories to help you imagine what's possible. Regards, Doug

Level 5
I haven't tested it out, so I'm not sure if you have to have an account in your Workfront instance, but have you tried embedding the form? In the queue settings you have the option to send a direct link or embed it. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.

Level 3
I did create a dummy account, then I created the Project with the Custom Form for the Request. The Request "Consumer Analytics Request" does show in the Drop Down in Workfront. However, when I send the link out for New Request, "CMDA Consumer Analytics Request" does not show up. I also tried sending the link out with "CMDA Consumer Analytics Request". Any thoughts on why it would not show up? Becky Grosh Humana

Level 10
I'd start by comparing the Queue Details page from the new queue vs one of the existing queues. -skye