Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Request Queue Task Option

Level 3
Our marketing, new media and video production teams rely heavily on request queues for job requests from other departments in our organization. We also need the organizational structure in our projects of parent/child relationships. Because work requests can only come through a queue as an issue, our PMs spend a lot of time converting those issues. It would be great to have the option when setting up a queue for the item to come in as a Task so we can use those hours in a much more productive way. This is not a new idea - I'm just hoping to garner some support and upvotes! https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115001766394-Allow-Request-Queues-to-Create-T... Barb Pilarski Pittsburgh Penguins
6 Replies

Level 9
Your example here mirrors the same need I have from the tool. That said with the new release R1.2019 the ability to have Issues be included on Kanban boards - it greatly helps on this. As our team(s) can work the request as a task and if the "request" is bigger we convert to a Project. BUT again we too would greatly prefer to drop Requests in as a task (as an option!) Also it would be great if we could create Subtask Templates that could be attached to the Request.... JohnSeitz ESPN John.W.Seitz@disney.com

Level 1
Yes, BUT, have either the request or the task appear on the Kanban board if said request is converted to a task/ story -- duplicating them on the Kanban board and having them function independent of one another is killing my teams. Mary Ann Erickson Allianz Partners -- Americas

Level 6
Barb - Have you thought of using dashboards that contain all work assigned, whether task or issue. This would operate similar to a request queue, where the dashboard report contains all assignments, whether tasks or issues, and can be completed as needed to fulfill the timeline of a project or a standalone request. Marty Gawry - CapabilitySource

Level 9
Agreed - we had a couple departments who converted Issues to Tasks, so that they appeared on the "old" Kanban boards - now they have double the entries. Double whammy also was that they linked their issues to the task (Which I think is a better way, except here ha) since you can't move the issues through the board.... Progress is good... JohnSeitz ESPN John.W.Seitz@disney.com

Level 3
Hi Marty - Thanks for the suggestion! We are currently using several dashboards to track work, but we have a pretty high number of users who are Request Only and utilize queues to submit their requests, then our PMs are responsible for routing them to the correct project. Since we use the parent/child structure for our project organization and cannot do this at the issue level, we have to convert them to tasks. Having the option when setting up a queue for the requests to come in as tasks would just save us a tremendous amount of time. Barb Barb Pilarski Pittsburgh Penguins

Level 2
can you share how you're creating that dashboard to combine tasks and issues in one view. Many of our users want a holistic view of all their work but we haven't been able to successfully build this yet. any help is appreciated. Semira Peters FIAM