Expand my Community achievements bar.

Request Projects vs. New Projects

Level 8
Hello all, Basic question: Does anybody use the "Request Project" function when creating new projects? If so, what is the advantage to using this function rather than just creating a "New Project"? Thanks guys! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Brandon, I've never used it (and not sure I knew it was there). I've always used New Project from a Template or New Project. In looking at it it appears the main difference is it opens up to the Business Case with a different Status. I didn't notice any other difference. I was thinking it might allow users to submit a project request this way, but I tried it with a Work license (which our Users would be either a Work or Reviewer license. But they don't get access to create New Projects at all. So I'm not sure if it's simply the difference in how it opens and sets the Status.

Level 8
Yea... that's all I'm seeing too. It starts with an Idea status rather than Planning. I'm guessing maybe it's work that has not yet been approved and that's why it opens with Business Case. Maybe on the shelf, out of scope work that needs more discussion before converting to a project? Well, I'm going to stay away from it for now. lol. Thanks Vic! Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com