Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Reporting on Top 10 Users

Level 4
Good Morning! I am having a challenging time trying to get a report to work as requested by one of our clients - they want to show a 'Top 10' of users who are ranked by the number of jobs placed with their team. We have created a project report which pulls all the 'jobs' created in a month and grouped together by sponsor name but there doesn't seem to be a way to then only show the 10 users who placed the most jobs and not include the rest. I did refer this to Workfront and they weren't confident this could be done - wondered if anyone had any suggestions please? Many thanks Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin RRD
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 4
Hi Vikki, First step to is identify which field contains the data that you want to group by. From your post I wasn't sure what that might be. Where is the data stored and what is the object type? Does a job = a project? Daniel Cooley

Level 4
Hi Daniel, Many thanks for the reply, so the report is just a standard project report, and we have Sponsor: Name as the grouping - we display the data as a bar graph and yes, 'jobs'/object type is the number of projects each client user (sponsor) has submitted in a given month. This all works fine except it displays every sponsor name even if they only submitted 1 job that month - we only want to show the 10 client users who submitted the highest number of 'jobs'. Please let me know if you need further clarification . Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin RRD

Level 4
I see now. I don't think you will be able to do that with the native functionality. If it were me, I would export the summary page of the report that shows the frequency of each sponsor and do it in excel. If you can publish to sharepoint, google sheet etc, you could potentially share that spreadsheet on a Workfront dashboard using an external page. however, this will still be a manual process. If want an automated solution you'd need to look at Workfront Fusion or a custom integration. Daniel Cooley Rego Consulting

Level 4
Hi Daniel, Many thanks for that suggestion! It will be for one of our internal teams to manually do this on a monthly basis to add to the client dashboard so would need to see if this is a viable option for them. I cannot see them going the Fusion/custom integration route at this point so will test out the manual way and see what results I can get. Thanks again! Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin RRD