Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on the JOURNAL object - when?

Level 10
Hi Workfront product managers :) Just wondering if there are any plans to allow users to report on the Journal object. Currently you can only access it via the API. It would be very useful to be able to build a report to view changes a history of changes to a task and its custom data. Optionally users could filter the report for certain types of changes. Cheers, David
5 Replies

Level 5
David any chance you heard feedback outside of this thread? I am curious about reporting on history of changes. I have one specific case in mind :) Tracy Fox Sykes Assistance Services Corporation

Level 7
HI David, Do you know if there has been any progress on this? I am looking to report on a history of changes to the Due Dates on key tasks. I am playing around with the Parent Journal Entry fields but wonder if anyone has built a nice report or has written text mode to show a history of Due Date changes to tasks? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Best, Steve Steven Hirsch The Estee Lauder Companies Inc

Level 9
This one is on the Idea Exchange but is still "Below threshold." I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more votes, as I think it will be HUGE for most system administrators. Eric Manning Language Line Translation Solutions

Level 10
Glad to see this being discussed again....this would be great if added as a reporting option. Our workaround is to use the API to suck the journal data into Power BI and report on it there. David Cornwell