Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Reporting on individual decisions

Level 1

‚Hello. We're trying to do a piece on analysis that shows what decisions are made by specific teams on proofs. However we can only seem to get this info by individually looking at each proof. Reporting shows the overall proof status which is not what we want/need to know. Any ideas?

17 Replies

Level 10
can you elaborate more on which report you're using? I would have thought that the proof approval report would have been the way to go. -skye

Level 1
Hi. We use the proof approval report but that shows the overall proof status. For example as an approver I may have approved but another approver may have said changes are required and that's what I see on the report. Claire Thomas Santander UK Plc

Level 10
thanks! I am not a proof workflows user (we use document approvals instead), so I only had 5 samples to play with, and all 5 had individual reviewers. All 5 are showing up on the report as individual rows (one per reviewer) and their individual decisions are showing under the "approver decision" column. I do see a "proof decision" column is available -- is this maybe the one you're showing on your report? (screenshot of your report would be useful I guess) -skye

Level 10

Hi Claire - On a proof approval report, you get each individual user's decision. And after months of working with Product, you know can even see Not Relevant decisions by an approver if you use the "Only one decision required" feature, which we use a lot.

0690z000008LCmyAAG.png

Level 1

‚Unfortunately this doesn't work for us. Looking at 'Brand Copy Approval' as the approver you can see from the report that for the CACS proof there is an Approver Decision of pending but if you look at the associated workflow Brand Copy Approval have approved

0690z000008LCn3AAG.png0690z000008LCn8AAG.png

Level 10

Just wanting to make sure... are you looking at the right version? I have made the mistake before of saying "Oh, the decision is incorrect" and found out that there was a 2nd version of the document and in the report I was looking at the Version 1 decision which was pending since a new version was uploaded before the approver could make a decision.

If you are looking at the right version, I would definitely put in a ticket. I have a bunch of approver reports I'm looking at and they are all correct.

Level 10
BTW - I just got off a call with the Product people and coming very soon, they are going to add a filter for the Proof Approval object type where you can filter on the Current Version. That way you don't have to worry about the wrong "Pending" showing up if you want to do things that are Pending and an Approver can actually do something about it! I'm very excited. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2

Hi Claire,

If you have confirmed that the versions match and that there is a discrepancy between the decision status on the proof itself vs the decision status on the proof approval report, please submit a ticket. We are working through various scenarios currently where these get out of sync and want to be sure we can address your situation.

Thanks!

Level 4
Hey @Anthony Imgrund , could please you share out how you created this report? This is exactly what we're looking for! Also, were you able to filter by projects w/ a Current status and group by Project? Thanks! Christine Zhu Chobani

Community Advisor
Anthony, have you tried adding this Proof Approval report as a Projects tab? I think that may be helpful for any of my users that may complain that the list is too long, but wanted to hear any feedback you may have before going that route. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 10

Hi Monique - Unfortunately, I can't get it to work when I put it on a Project or Portfolio in the Layout template. The object is too far away. You have to do an EXIST filter. So like, if I wanted it for a specific project, I'd have to add

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=DOCU

EXISTS:a:project:ID=5df26c8a001e2fb05c22f288fba9ea71

EXISTS:a:project:ID_Mod=in

EXISTS:a:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID

Hi Christine - Since you want just current projects, I'm assuming you are looking more for a "My Pending Approvals" type report so...

For my "My Proof Approvals" report, I use native fields Document Name, Version, and Requester Name. Then I use

Project

displayname=Project

querysort=documentVersion:document:project:name

shortview=true

textmode=true

valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name

valueformat=HTML

Version Uploaded

displayname=Version Uploaded

linkedname=documentVersion

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion

namekeyargkey.1=entryDate

querysort=documentVersion:entryDate

shortview=true

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

textmode=true

valuefield=documentVersion:entryDate

valueformat=atDate

For filter, I use the below which is for Current projects, where the approver's decision is pending, the approver is the person looking at the report, the version is after April 9, 2019 (when necessary filters were added), the proof is still awaiting a decision, and only the most recent version is showing.

EXISTS:a:project:status=CUR

EXISTS:a:project:status_Mod=in

approverDecision=Pending

approverDecision_Mod=cieq

approverID=$$USER.ID

approverID_Mod=in

documentVersion:entryDate=2019-04-09T23:45:00:000

documentVersion:entryDate_Mod=gt

isAwaitingDecision=true

isAwaitingDecision_Mod=eq

isCurrentDocumentVersion=true

isCurrentDocumentVersion_Mod=eq

Now, if you want to see all approvals for Current Projects, you will want to delete some of the filters I put in that code since since that just shows pending. If you want to tell me what sort of filters you are looking for, I can help with the mode.

Level 4

Hey Anthony, thank you for sending the above!

I guess what I'm looking for is a similar report to the Task Assignment Breakdown that you shared earlier.

Basically, I want to see all pending proofs that are part of a particular portfolio OR owned by certain users (whatever is easier to filter by) and a breakdown of who has approved or which stage has approved and which stages are still pending. This can all be in one field like the Task Assignment Breakdown or as separate line items.

Let me know if that makes sense?

Thank you thank you!

Level 10

So, if you want to keep decisions that have already been made, I would recommend this filter. The sad part is that portfolio is too far away so the only way to get it for a specific portfolio is to hardcode the ID number. (I also kept just the Current Version's decisions. If you need to see all version's decisions, you just need to remove the bottom two lines

EXISTS:a:project:portfolioID=[Enter the portfolio ID]

EXISTS:a:project:portfolioID_Mod=in

EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=DOCU

EXISTS:b:project:status=CUR

EXISTS:b:project:status_Mod=in

EXISTS:b:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID

documentVersion:entryDate=2019-04-09T23:45:00:000

documentVersion:entryDate_Mod=gt

Question for you: does your team use automated workflows (i.e. more than one stage)? Are are those stages pretty much in the same order?

The reason I ask, we have a document version report called "Proofs in My Portfolio." You put in the portfolio you want via a prompt and then it shows you all the proofs in that portfolio and the active stage(s). So for my example below, I know the first proof is only in the first stage since Edit is first. And for the second one, I know it is in the last stage and that Edit and Account have made a decision. Copy is either doing the changes for a new version or they haven't marked it Approved since the other two stages approved it. If that will help, let me know and I'll send you the details.

0690z000008LCnhAAG.jpg

Level 4

Hey Anthony!

We do use automated workflows, but sometimes we run all of the stages in parallel so that we don't hinder the approval process.

I actually made another post here that might clarify what I'm trying to do: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3EaCAJ/proof-approval-report-show-all-decisions-unt...

Basically I'm trying to create a report that shows the following:

• All proofs that are part of the packaging portfolio
  • Proofs that are part of projects that are Current
  • All decisions on a proof that has a overall status of pending. Proofs should stay on the report until everyone has Approved.
  • All decisions/stages on a proof and what the decisions are. Our PMs want to be able to see who's approved vs. who they need to follow up with.

Thank you!

Level 10

The only thing I couldn't get was the stage name with the approver. But try this out and see if that gets you close. :)

Columns:

Approver -> Name

Approver Decision

Version

Version Uploaded (sorting by this as well)

displayname=Version Uploaded

linkedname=documentVersion

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

namekeyargkey.0=documentVersion

namekeyargkey.1=entryDate

querysort=documentVersion:entryDate

shortview=true

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

textmode=true

valuefield=documentVersion:entryDate

valueformat=atDate

Requester -> Name

Groupings

group.0.name=

group.0.valuefield=documentVersion:document:project:name

group.0.valueformat=string group.1.name= group.1.valuefield=documentVersion:document:name

group.1.valueformat=string

textmode=true

Filters

EXISTS:a:project:portfolioID=[PACKING PORTFOLIO ID] EXISTS:a:project:portfolioID_Mod=in

EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=DOCU

EXISTS:b:project:status=CUR EXISTS:b:project:status_Mod=in EXISTS:b:versions:ID=FIELD:documentVersionID

documentVersion:entryDate=2019-04-09T23:45:00:000 documentVersion:entryDate_Mod=gt documentVersion:proofDecision=pending documentVersion:proofDecision_Mod=cieq

Community Advisor
Thanks, Anthony! As soon as I can figure out how to word this, I'll add it as an Idea to the Exchange. I think Wildcard Work Object reporting would be really helpful in instances like this. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 10
Hmm... I thought there was one already in there, but can't find it. What you are looking for is for filtering to go more than 2 levels. With proof approvals, you have to go to document version, document, and then project. "Referencing" in the text mode isn't enough, that is what we need EXIST filters. It is also why the auto-filter project ID= doesn't work when put in a layout template for a project. Anthony Imgrund FCB