Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting on approved projects

Level 3
I have created a request report that shows me all of the requests that are created from a project (filtered by a category). I would like to also show in that report if the project it comes from has been approved. The project approval process resides on a Planning status so as soon as the project is approved, the user manually updates to a different approval status (Active status). I just want to show without having to go to the Project > Approval tab that in fact it was previously approved. Is it possible? Delphine Campes Director of Project Management & Marketing Campaigns Pluralsight
3 Replies

Level 10
If I understand, you need: - Create an Issue Report where the issues exist in multiple projects - Was the project that the issue is a pat of approved? - The way you know if a project was approved is that the project was set to "Planning : Pending Approval", which triggers a project-level approval process. - Once approved, and the project status is now "Approved", this would indicate the approval was complete. In an issue report, I think this gives you what you need: project:approvalProcessID_Mod=notblank (The project has an approval process to begin with) project:currentApprovalStepID_Mod=isblank (The project doesn't currently have any approval steps pending) project:approvalCompletionDate_Mod=notnull (An approval process on the project was completed) If this doesn't get you what you need, you might want to look at a project-level calculated field to capture the "Approved" state. Here is some code that might get you moving in that direction: IF(Status='INP',IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom Field}),$$NOW,{DE:Custom Field}),{DE:Custom Field}) This is a calculated field on a custom form (labeled "DE: Custom Field") that enables you to capture the timestamp of the change to INP (works for other statuses, too). Status timestamp custom field can then be reported on normally. Note that if your status changes to INP, then another status, then back to INP, only the timestamp of the first change to INP will be captured.

Level 6
How would I obtain whether an approval stage was approved or rejected? Thanks, Jas Parmar Allianz

Level 10
Hi Jas, you have 3 possible scenarios: Approved : If it's approved, then you have an actual completion date. Pending Approval : You will not have an actual completion date. Rejected - If the approval process is set to change the status to "Rejected", then you can see this in the report. You can build your report's column rules to help here such as: Or you can build 3 reports and setup the filters to help tell the story.