Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting field to tell when an item was added to an iteration???

Level 5
Does anyone know if there is a field I can use to tell me when a task was added to an iteration? I'm basically looking to build a report to know if tasks were added as part of sprint planning or added mid-sprint. Thanks! Melissa Davis Lockton Affinity
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Melissa, I just checked, and Iteration is not (yet) among the Task attributes that can be tracked using Update From Feed, but instead, perhaps one of these options will meet your needs: If you set Next Week's iteration tasks This Week, they will be copied over to your.preview.workfront.com on the weekend, so if Task Q looks suspicious, you could log in to your preview environment in real time (eg Next Week) to check/prove that it was a late add. FUN FACT: to expedite the comparison, you could even build a dashboard in "my" that points to the report in "preview" You could take periodic Baselines (manually, or automatically with our "http://store.atappstore.com/product/create-baselines/">Create Baselines solution) of all Projects whose Tasks are eventally assigned to Iterations, therby locking in whatever Iteration ID was (or was not) on each Task at that time For maximum accuracy, consider adding a custom parameter to every Iterationable Task with a calculated date parameter (eg Iteration Assignment Date) and a formula such as IF(ISBLANK(IterationID),Iteration Assignment Date,$$NOW) Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 5
Thanks @Doug Den Hoed ! I'm going to try a couple of those ideas. I currently am manually exporting a list of the tasks in the sprint once it's set and then manually comparing at the end of the sprint. Hopefully this will be a reportable parameter in the future. I'll let you know if I have any questions. The calculated field seems like an interesting idea. Melissa Davis Lockton Affinity