Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Reporting Custom Fields

Level 1
Hi I have a custom field against my Project and a custom field against my Expense. I would like to show both of custom fields in one report. So far I tried to run Project report & Expense report, but don't seem getting both of custom fields (project & expense) in the same report. I wonder if any of you come across with this issue? Is there any way around it? Anete Brivule Berkeley Group
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
Hi - are you doing an expense report and referencing the project info? Or are you doing a project report and doing a collection of expenses? If it is a reference, you just need to add the project: in front of it. (For an example, we have the project's job number come through) valuefield=project:Vantage Job Number querysort=DE:project:Vantage Job Number valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString Collections are a bit hard, but let me know the custom field name and I'll try to put something together for you. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 1

Hi Anthony Thank you for your reply. Ideally I would like to do project report. Example: Projects has attached custom form with fields: budget & contingency. In meantime we have attached custom field (checkbox) to Expenses. Expenses custom field name: "Funded by Contingency". If this checkbox is ticked then it means that money is taken our from Contingency. I would like to run report showing columns: *Project Name *Contingency (project custom field) *SUM of expenses if checkbox is checked (expenses custom field) Please see attached my drawing. Thank you Anete Anete Brivule Berkeley Group0690z000007ZhY8AAK.jpg

Level 10
Hi - I don't have any expenses in my instance, but I do know you can't do a SUM for a collection. What you might want to try is an expense report that includes your "Funded by Contingency" field (and I would have that set for SUM) and then also have the Project's "Budget & Contingency" field as well (and I would set that for MAX or MIN (whichever you prefer)). Then you can do a grouping for Project Name. This will then give you the name, the total of the Funded by Contingency and then also the Budget & Contingency. (Summary view might be better to view this). Let me know if that explanation works or if there is anything I can clarify. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
This is what I was thinking Anthony, to make an expense report look more like a project report. I do this with issue resolving projects, where I pull in resolving project columns and, while it looks identical to an issue report, it's not.