Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting by Multi-Select value

Level 2
Hi everyone, I know this is a topic that has been discussed, probably many times, but searching in the Community isn't returning me results that match what I'm looking for so apologies in advance for starting a new discussion. So we have an enterprise PMO that manages work that may result in benefits and value for more than one of our 6 affiliate companies. We have a checkboxes custom field on a form attached to all projects which has a value (and it's checkbox) for each of the 6. What we'd like to be able to do is have a report that includes the names of the affiliates that are checked on each row of a project list. Our collective brains are struggling with this one. Has anyone done this before that would be willing to share? Next up, what about filtering based on one specific value being checked? Or grouping by the selections, which I want to believe could be done with calculated fields based the value IF the field is checked, but haven't figured it out yet. Thanks in advance, Andy Williams
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Andy, Yeah, this is a golden oldie, but can't seem to find my remember-to-avoid-multi-check-boxes link, so in short I would recommend you: split that column into six separate check boxes use either bulk updates or our "https://store.atappstore.com/product/excel-updater/" Excel Updater solution to then populate the appropriate boxes rename the old field to _OLD add a calculated parameter with the old field name write a formula in that calculated parameter that concatenates the six separate check boxes confirm that the latter allows any reports that referred to the old field name "still work" drop the old field name With the above in place, welcome to planet Independent Checkbox, where it is legal, easy and fun to then: Filter by any one (or combination) of the six View each of the six as their own column in a report, off their respective independent fields Edit the above in list mode by simply clicking into the respective column View the combination of the six in a single column in a report using the new calculated parameter Group by any one of the six Group by the various (well ordered, thanks to the formula) combinations via the calculated parameter Entertain making some charts using any of the six Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 2
Doug, Somehow I knew you would have an answer! thank you sir Andy Williams