Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report that calculates Average Hours per project per job role

Level 6

Does anyone have any magic to create a bar graph that would show average hours per project by job role?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Mollie, try the following and see if this is what you were looking for…

In an Hour Report, click on the Hours column (am assuming you are looking for actual hours -- this column is automatically added to an Hour Report when you start one), and choose “Summarize this column by:” --> Average.

For Groupings, select Project --> Name and then Job Role --> Name. Also be sure to add any Filters needed, so as to reduce the amount of data returned – e.g., Project Actual Completion Date.

Then, go to the Charts tab, and select either Column or Bar Chart. If selecting Column chart, the Left Y Axis would be Hours --> Hour and the Summarized by would be Average. The Bottom X Axis would be Project --> Name. Then toggle Group Columns On, and Group Data by Job Role --> Name. I would suggest choosing the Stacked Column option. Hopefully, the resulting chart is what you were looking for.

Level 6

Hi, thanks for the tip, I'm looking for the average over ALL of the projects though and not per project. I need to sum the hours by role for each project and then divide by the total count of projects. Not any easy thing to do in WF. :-(