Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Replacing "Primary Contact" / Requestor on Project w/ Calc Custom Expression

Level 3
Hello! I know I have done this before but for some reason not working now... I have a Type Ahead field on the Project Object, with the purpose of overwriting any data copied from original request for the field Primary Contact. Normally, if Primary Contact exists, then both Primary Contact NAME and Primary Contact Home Group Name are copied to Project. HOWEVER...if that information needs to be changed on the Project (for reporting reasons), I would like to nest and IF THEN statement to give priority to the Type Ahead field. Currently, this calc is producing "No Requestor" in all cases... IF(!IsBlank({Requestor TypeAhead}),{Requestor TypeAhead}, IF(!IsBlank({Project_Requestor}),{Project_Requestor},"No Requestor"))) Any sleuths out there? Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3
One suggestion from a learned friend, still not working... IF(!ISBLANK({DE:Project_Requestor}),{DE:Project_Requestor},IF(!ISBLANK({DE:Requestor TypeAhead.Name}),{DE:Requestor TypeAhead.Name},"No Requestor")) Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)

Level 5
Try this IF(!ISBLANK({DE:Project_Requestor}),{DE:Project_Requestor},IF(!ISBLANK({DE:Requestor TypeAhead}.{name}),{DE:Requestor TypeAhead}.{name},"No Requestor")) Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 3
Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)

Level 3
Thanks Melinda...no joy :-( Jane Stavinoha Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae)