Expand my Community achievements bar.

Release 2017.3 - Feeling the love?

Level 10
Hi: Let me outline the things people are loving: 1) Kanban - This is being very well received. With this, I am now able to get people who manage their work using post-it notes on the wall into WorkFront. As soon as they need a little more rigor around schedules, I can move them from Kanban to Agile. 2) RTF in Updates - We had a problem with cutting and pasting RTF through a SQL DB error, but aside from that temporary thing, this is really nice. Now people can use bullets to structure their updates - readability is going to be much better using the RTF; 3) Widescreen - So many people are loving the instant accommodation of wide screens. Yeah there are some bugs people are finding but they are far overshadowed by the positive buzz about the three things listed above. Good job, WorkFront. Lucas Eric MPM eric.lucas@crowley.com Crowley Information Technology
43 Replies

Level 8
The number one feature everyone is loving is the rich text option in the update status field! Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 7
Widescreen! Yes! So far so good, love the PHQ changes! Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 1
LOVE the rich text formatting :) Michelle Simon PopSugar

Level 10
Widescreen by default for most screens is great.....please finish the job and add it to all areas of the product! E.g. The Teams/People/Resource Planner area desperately needs widescreen. Rich Text is also nice, through at this point it makes all the comment boxes slow to load/open. Probably something the dev team can fine-tune to improve performance. Our users will love the new 1 day and 6 week calendar views but I can't promote this internally until the calendar issue with incorrect public holidays utilisation is fixed as we are having to revert some of our teams back to the legacy Working On Calendar due to this issue! We also have an issue currently where NONE of our report chart drill-downs work....we just get error messages. This affects all users and all reports/dashboards with charts. It appears to be isolated to us, but nevertheless is a huge impact. So, to answer Eric's question.....I'm not feeling the love yet.....I can see love in the distance, but we have two major fixes needed before we get there. David Cornwell

Level 8
David, I have a case open for the drill down as well, although I figured out the problem. If the user is visiting Workfront using the old URL (attask-ondemand.com) it gives an error. If they are using the new url (my.workfront.com) it works fine. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
Hi Adina, Thanks, and interesting to hear that you had a similar issue. For us however, the problem occurs regardless of which URL we are using (old or new). I wish our fix was as simple! Regards, David Cornwell

Level 7
RTF in comments is proving popular however we have users with a work license who can't update progress % in the updates field any longer. We have raised this and the ticket is with WF Development to fix. Email notification feeds - We are really not feeling the love for the fact the profile picture icons are now so large and taking up a lot of space in the email and I have received a lot of complaints about having to now scroll to the bottom of the email to see the latest update, whereas before this appeared at the top of the email. Anyone else experiencing these particular issues? Louise Reynolds Premier Farnell UK Ltd

Level 9
I'll feel more love once R3 issues are resolved with updates and comments! #seriouslyBadCommunications I'd also like to see improvements to the Request screen - or any screen with a pull down containing a list of values to select from, that contain more than a couple short words. As now the system truncates the middle portion out of view. Rich text is amazing, but allowing inline screenshots or graphics would make it really Rich Text. Can rich text be added a checkbox for custom fields? Great work WF teams! John John Seitz ESPN

Level 5
Not feeling the love yet, because our users are so upset about the email notifications. Having to scroll all the way down is costing some people an extra hour a day. Alana Coble WebMD

Level 10
Hi Adina....any update to your ticket yet? David Cornwell

Level 2
FYI everyone. My company has been having a lot of issues with Proof HQ. Through my discussions with workfront, they have told me they are rolling back the release tonight. All new functionality or updated functionality for Proof HQ and Kanban will be going away. Back to the way it was before the release. I asked if any other functionality would change back and the customer service rep said they didn't know but that it was happening tonight. He "thought" they might let everyone know what has changed later this week, after it has changed. Anything rolled back will not be coming back until sometime in Q1 of 2018. Layne Hedrick Somnio

Level 2
Just an FYI, the Proof HQ changes are rolling back tonight. My company has been having a lot of issue as are others and the customer service rep I have been talking to said all Proof HQ changes, as well as Kanban changes, are rolling back tonight to go back to the way they were. Layne Hedrick Somnio

Level 1
Hello All, Just to clarify: The only changes Workfront plans to make tonight are regarding Agile enhancements. More information about what will be rolled out or removed can be found "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002115994">here. If you are currently experiencing any problems with Proofing or other features I would highly recommend reaching out to Support who can assist you individually if you have not done so already. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and Support can assist you in guiding that feedback to the correct place. Kameron Brown Workfront

Level 10
Hi: Would you kindly send me a link to the announcement that there will be a rollback tonight? Was an email sent out? Thanks, Eric

Level 1
View this on Workfront > Kameron Brown Workfront

Level 3
Rich media commenting is great, but all formatting for Status Update/Condition Update is lost in a report, including bullets/numbers. Is this a bug or acting as designed? Thanks, Ondina Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 1
We had that situation for a specific user and believe it might be browser related. I couldn't recreate it, and narrowed it down to Internet Explorer. She tried Chrome, and it worked fine for her there. Net – there is probably a browser related formatting issue for Rich media, especially cut and paste. Thanks. Jill Jill Cameron Business Analyst Metafile Information Systems, Inc. (800)638-2445 jac@metafile.com

Level 10
Yeah I didn't realize you were rolling back anything until I saw Eric's email. Do we have a better way to email or communicate to Admins? I don't check every single post in the community. I got lucky I checked this one. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 2
OK, this is a little bit frustrating then. I have spoken to customer service 4 times since the latest release specifically discussing issues we are having with Proof HQ. They told me again today, that the new functionality added for Proof HQ would be rolling back because of several issues. Now, you are saying that is not true and that I should speak with customer service. I did speak to customer service and that is what they told me. So, now what do you suggest. Layne Hedrick Somnio

Level 1
The only features being removed tonight are the agile features: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002115994-2017-3-Beta-Final-Release-Activity#include-issues-on-the-backlog">Include Issues on the Backlog for an Agile Team "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002115994-2017-3-Beta-Final-Release-Activity#include-issues-on-the-story-board">Include Issues on the Scrum Agile Story Board Kameron Brown Workfront